As the global trend of 2020 includes much more working from home scenarios, WVD has become a solution that companies started looking at, for their IT needs.
Microsoft WVD solution was launched as a Cloud service in 2019.
What does WVD do?
Windows Virtual Desktop is a desktop and app virtualization service that runs on the cloud.
Here’s what can be achieved when Windows Virtual Desktop environments are enabled on Azure:
- Simplify deployment and management of your infrastructure and quickly scale based supporting business needs.
- Virtualize Microsoft 365 Apps for enterprise and optimize it to run in multi-user virtual scenarios
- Provide Windows 7 virtual desktops with free Extended Security Updates
- Bring existing Remote Desktop Services (RDS) and Windows Server desktops and apps to any computer
- Virtualizes desktops and applications.
- Manage Windows 10, Windows Server, and Windows 7 desktops and apps with a unified management experience.
- Keeps applications and data secure with company compliance. The service can proactively detect threats and take automated remedial action.
- Use existing licenses with a modern cloud-based virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) and pay only for what you use.
WVD common scenarios include:
- Ideal for users that need a wide range of remote services while ignoring the actual desktops in use.
- Short term solutions for users in mergers and acquisition, contractors, and partner access
- Applications that are secured and regulated in financial, healthcare, and government organizations.
Workloads with special needs like high compute needs, development& and software testing or legacy applications
Our WVD offering:
NeWay’s experienced professionals assist customers to adopt the WVD platform.
Our professional services include:
- Discovery and Assessment services – Site survey, mapping, planning and cost estimation services.
- POC – Short limited setup to evaluate the service availability to meet customers daily needs.
- Setup, Installation & configuration including, deployment, testing & training
- Managed services – our 24/7 NOC serviceֲ constantly monitors the customers environment.ֲ Handles all needs and requests. We strive to keep the service in a healthy, productive & cost effective state round the clock.